Many homes with a crawl space foundation suffer from moisture problems, which can negatively impact the environment in both the crawl space itself—and the living area above.
Following are several living area problems that can occur from a poor crawl space environment.
- Poor air quality and circulation
- Allergies or asthmatic symptoms
- Strong odors from mold and mildew
- Indoor drywall cracks
- Uneven, bouncy or cold floors
- Buckled hardwood floors
- High humidity
- High energy costs
And here are some very common crawl space problems, which cause these serious living area conditions above.
- Standing water and excessive moisture
- Water and mold damage
- Soggy or saggy insulation
- Insect and pest infestations
- Release of gasses (radon) from soil
- Rotted wood framing
- Sunken piers